How do I view pre-orders?

The Doc

There may be an obvious answer to this, but when I go to my account, I can only view the items I have already paid for and received. So how can I see what I have pre-ordered?

After losing out on several pre-orders from Hattons in the past year, I can't actually remember whether I then pre-ordered direct through Hornby. I know I did with one item (Hush hush) but surely there should be an easy way of checking this??

Quote ...

Question: Can I cancel my pre-order? 

Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Simply log into My Orders to see a list of your pre-orders. Alternatively, contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233512 or customerservices.uk@hornby.com

...Unquote

Obviously if you do not have a pre-order number then likely you didn’t actually pre-order anything.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply - the phone number should be useful. Unfortunately the guidance given (presumably a Hornby generated FAQ?) is incorrect. I've just had another look at "my orders" and there's no sign of any pre-orders. But when I searched for pre-orders in my email account I found that I have pre-ordered one item (that I had forgotten about since it was over a year ago), and I have an order number for it, so it seems that there is a fault in the Hornby system. I'm also absolutely sure I pre-ordered P2 Lord President recently direct from Hornby because, like many, I have had a bad experience in the past few months with cancellation of pre-orders from other retailers.

So I will get on the phone to them and try to find out what's happening.

• 2 months later...

I can see my pre orders just fine but I arranged to pre-order two sets of jubilee coaches and there is no concept of a basket so each item is its own order. Anyway it's easy enough to cancel them so just typical Hornby clunkiness