Text on Browser Tabs

JJ73

A recent MS innovation now puts a short piece of web page text relevant to your search response on the associated tab.If you look through the web page on that tab you will find something relevant to the text………. probably. The text does seem to change occasionally no doubt due to page content.

Personally, I don’t find it very helpful.

R-

I noticed this a few days ago. In my case, the alternating text says "Your Next Stop Hornby" and hasn't changed to anything different, regardless of what Hornby web page is open.

I find it very irritating, as my eye keeps getting drawn to the tab when it changes, distracting my attention from the web page I am looking at.

It only happens (so far) on a Hornby browser tab, and I can find no way yet to disable this web page advertising feature. Browser is Firefox, haven't tried other browsers yet to see if the same is observed on them as well.

EDIT: Today it changed to "Don't miss your train".

It appears to have stopped..................
(Chrome on Laptop)

Β 

Β 

Not on my Firefox Browser. But note that it only displays on a Hornby Tab which is NOT open [in other words a Hornby page which is not currently displayed]. When you are viewing a Hornby page, the Tab text is stable and relevant to the page being viewed.