Do Carrera 1:43 Cars work on Micro Scalextric Track?

StevieT

While they might physically fit (they are likely too wide) the guide pin on a Go! car is very thick and pear or bell shaped. It would need severally thinning down to work.

Even on standard Sport track they need to be shaved on the side to work and Micro is the same size as most H0 track like Tyco/AFX etc.

Most Micro cars are only about an inch to 1.5 inches (2.5 to 3.5 cm) wide and I reckon most of the Go! car are just too wide..

Like I said though, Go! cars work on standard Sport track and given their high magnetic downforce you can use R1 curves (the tightest) and make a nice layout.

There are other brands of 1/43 scale track that would work of course...

Thanks,

I liked your comment "there are other brands" ....

Do you know which other 1:43 cars would fit?

Fit what...?

Fit micro...?

Hardly any... maybe cigar style F1 cars but those don't exist as 1/43 as far as I know...

Pretty much all brands of 1/43 track use the same width and track and slot spacing... so those would all be good...

Carrera made a "Profi" track nearly 20 years ago. It was officially 1/40 but most 1/32 cars ran fine on it and of course 1/43 was not a problem. I have a set and can race H0 on it...

• 3 months later...
While they might physically fit (they are likely too wide) the guide pin on a Go! car is very thick and pear or bell shaped. It would need severally thinning down to work.
Even on standard Sport track they need to be shaved on the side to work and Micro is the same size as most H0 track like Tyco/AFX etc.

Most Micro cars are only about an inch to 1.5 inches (2.5 to 3.5 cm) wide and I reckon most of the Go! car are just too wide..

Like I said though, Go! cars work on standard Sport track and given their high magnetic downforce you can use R1 curves (the tightest) and make a nice layout.

There are other brands of 1/43 scale track that would work of course...

Hi Andy I"ve got a couple of Go! cars but notice they are marked as 6v underneath. I haven't run them on my standard Sport track as I didn't want to risk overloading them, but from what you say that may not happen. Are you able to confirm they will be ok?

That's odd. Go! cars are usually 14.8 volts and I used them a lot when the kids were younger on Sport track running at 12 volts (I shaved the guide pin to make it fit the slot).

If they are only 6 volt I am thinking you got one of the newer battery powered cars. I think it is called Carrera First or something like that. The track the kits come with is light blue. I am only guessing here as I have not messed with Go! stuff for years...

There is a brand called Artin or Catronic and the 1/43 cars there use 6 volts as well. The motors are the standard 13D or 130 size so you can swap them out for 12 or 14 volt versions if you like, or solder in a resistor to lower the power consumption.

Go! cars (the 14.8 volt anyway) have a thinner/skinnier motor with a smaller pinion which means getting a higher volt replacement more difficult.

Again soldering in a resistor can.

Ultimately if you are racing with kids you need to get the volts down anyway as at full speed they can't control them (usually).

I use an "inline dimmer" which plugs straight into the wall and then you plug the power pack into the dimmer and you can adjust the output.

You have to test this though and see if the power pack starts to feel hot after 15 minutes or so of use. The pulse modulation in the dimmer can cause the electronics inside to over heat on some. I have never had this problem but my powerpacks are all old school.

The same applies to 6 volt motors run at higher volts. If you don't race for more than 15 minutes at a time they will likely work just fine.

One of the reasons I switched to ARC AIR/PRO was so I could use the app to slow things down.

This meant I didn't have to solder or muck with dimmers etc.

Good luck!