Power to 3-rail system

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamjar, hi, yes, i use dome headed brass screws. Duette terminal screws are specific, but i have missing ones. Use choc block, double connecter( plastic blocks with screws in. Screw on side to thread on Terminal screw, and screw wire in other. Works well. So you could buy that one and use my system. As for running, simply down to underpowered controller., i think. These locos go backwards easier than forwards. Takes more grunt to move forward. Can tell you how to service loco, if it persists with decent controller. Clippers are just as good, but only control one loco.

Hi Yelrow. Got controller now and definite improvement in performance, but think coukd he better. Could you give me some info on servicing engine as non-technical ss possible if you can! Thanks,

Jamjar

Yelrow.

Just a point, the Duette I've acquired myst be a later model as the outputs at the back are at the top of tge backplate and use screw-in bolts to secure wiring rather than knurled nuts over a protruding post. There were 3 missing but I've found suitable replacements from my box of bits and pieces. All working fine.

Jamjar