Do I need the Elite controller to use Railmaster?

@Nick

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

.Nick, elink and railmaster package, is cheapest way, but you have to buy new, as Key supplied is non transferable. Hattons/Rails, may have on offer. Hornby do offer new, when in stock. Have a shop round, worth a look. Elite also works with RM, but you still need new RM,

.Nick, elink and railmaster package, is cheapest way, but you have to buy new, as Key supplied is non transferable. Hattons/Rails, may have on offer. Hornby do offer new, when in stock. Have a shop round, worth a look. Elite also works with RM, but you still need new RM,

Many thanks for that. Is the 1 Amp PSU important for me (I live in Germany)?

@nick

please use the three dots context menu to delete your multiple duplicate posts.

You can upgrade the 1-amp power supply to the 4-amp unit. P9301 is the code for the EU plugged version of the 4-amp supply, which can resolve many perceived problems seen when the 1-amp supply is used.

Look in the Outlet link at top of page for the eLink +RM bundle - was £85.

• 5 months later...

A 1-amp PSU will barely boot up the Elite much less run many locos. You need the 4-amp brick PSU used by the Elite or suitable and cheaper Toshiba alternative.

You can get them with a continental plug. The Hornby unit is P9301.