Update Email Address

Big Alan

Not ridiculous at all.

Your Hornby account ID is patched to your registered email address, hence the only way to update that is a direct call to customer services.

You should have to provide proof of identity as anyone could ring up, pretend to be you, take over your account, provide a new delivery address and buy stuff on your card details.

I have this problem, still have this problem. I have raised a query by email, followed up by speaking to Customer Support and the person didn't know the process to change my Account email address, promised to get back, and never did.

If I didn't have a couple of Pre-Orders I would simply close my account, and maybe open a new one

Not ridiculous at all.
Your Hornby account ID is patched to your registered email address, hence the only way to update that is a direct call to customer services.
You should have to provide proof of identity as anyone could ring up, pretend to be you, take over your account, provide a new delivery address and buy stuff on your card details.

Rob, this is a common situation with many websites but most can implement changes, including email addresses from within the site, avoiding the need to manually contact the service provider. It depends how the database interface has been programmed.