'What If' Liveries

david_watts1

Agree with the 08 in LMS livery, the origin of the 08 is with the LMS after all, although with the plethora of liveries from their introduction to today I wonder if any 'what if's' are really necessary! As for the 37 I think there are enough prototype liveries to be going on with!

Good idea, when they don’t sell people will be able to pick them up dirt cheap and re spray them themselves.

08 why bother someone is already producing the LMS 0-6-0 diesels with the correct detail.

the closest thing to the 37 the LMS had was it’s twins 10000 and 10001, already been produced. In years to come I’m sure the model will be re-produce it when the new build gets closer to being finished.

Good idea, when they don’t sell people will be able to pick them up dirt cheap and re spray them themselves.
08 why bother someone is already producing the LMS 0-6-0 diesels with the correct detail.
The closest thing to the 37 the LMS had was it’s twins 10000 and 10001, already been produced. In years to come I’m sure the model will be re-produce it when the new build gets closer to being finished.

'What if' liveries do sell, look at the Hush Hush and the KR Models GT3. As far as the 08s and 37s go, yes, Bachmann did a limited edition 08 in OO gauge 'Spectre' which I have. Also 10000 and 10001 are in OO gauge. I was on about making them for TT120.

If i wanted an LMS 37 I would find the cheapest one on offer, brush paint or rattle can it black and add LMS logos and numbers probably based on the original appearance of 10000 so chrome individual characters. Of course as it’s non-prototypical you could go for LMS mixed traffic with LMS transfers and LNWR type lining, possibly N scale if no TT is available as 4mm would be too thick.

You could also do the same with any continental early diesel or electric loco as it could be running on the LMS as part of a trial. That really would be a one-off model. Your layout your rules grinning