Railmaster, some locos only have one speed

Hi.

Please can you help me. Most of my Locos have set up properly (eg loco 15). These have multiple speeds on a slider, but three have set up like loco 16. There is only one speed setting.

I have tried to adjust the min mid and max speed cv’s but to no avail. What am I doing wrong please?

many thanks

mal

forum_image_637aab8982ca4.thumb.png.a4583f86bda14d09669669fb88621594.png

@malcolm

While you wait for an answer:

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

It is an adding loco database error and not neccessarily due to you doing something wrong. This issue gets reported a lot.

Navigate to the sticky threads at the top of the Railmaster forum and open the one titled "Railmaster FAQ Index". Following the advice in FAQ4 might solve your problem. This issue seems to be linked to using the Hornby loco database when adding a new loco. I suggest you delete the errored locos and add them again using the FAQ4 advice.

If FAQ4 does not resolve your issue then try instead following the FAQ2 advice which avoids using the database method altogether.

Note that the top of the slider shows a green background behind the speed value showing (in your case 1). This indicates that you did indeed use the database method when adding the loco. If you use the FAQ manual adding a loco method the top of the slider will be reddish pink and not green and show the number 127. The 127 denotes 'speed steps' and not MPH (or KPH if selected in settings), therefore the 127 represents the number of DCC throttle speed steps to achieve the configured top speed. This is normal behaviour and not a fault.

@malcolm
While you wait for an answer:
Moderator Note:
It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 
Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

Thank you. I have added a username I think. I’ll look for the thread you mention too.

It is an adding loco database error and not neccessarily due to you doing something wrong. This issue gets reported a lot.
Navigate to the sticky threads at the top of the Railmaster forum and open the one titled "Railmaster FAQ Index". Following the advice in FAQ4 might solve your problem. This issue seems to be linked to using the Hornby loco database when adding a new loco. I suggest you delete the errored locos and add them again using the FAQ4 advice.
If FAQ4 does not resolve your issue then try instead following the FAQ2 advice which avoids using the database method altogether.
Note that the top of the slider shows a green background behind the speed value showing (in your case 1). This indicates that you did indeed use the database method when adding the loco. If you use the FAQ manual adding a loco method the top of the slider will be reddish pink and not green and show the number 127. The 127 denotes 'speed steps' and not MPH (or KPH if selected in settings), therefore the 127 represents the number of DCC throttle speed steps to achieve the configured top speed. This is normal behaviour and not a fault.

Morning. Thank you for this. Yes, I did indeed use the loco database. I’ll take a look and try to follow the instructions. The only reason I used the database was to get the correct picture (to help me identify the models)

@MSolly6286

Could I also respectively point out that the more efficient way of replying is to just use the reply text box at the bottom of the page and not use the "Quoted Reply" feature in the 3 dot menu.

If you want to bring your response to the attention of an individual then just start your reply with their @tag as I did with your @tag at the start of this reply.

For example, in your reply to me directly above this one you could have just started it with @P-Henny instead of duplicating my whole reply.

Note that FAQ2 also explains how to get an image of the loco to insert into Railmaster without using the database.