Railmaster elink controller a inactive

Hi

Trying to set up the elink to railmaster via my windows 10 laptop..

I have tried everything that has been suggested in the pinned post faqs and I'm still getting nowhere.

Under system setting my controller A drop down menu is highlighted pink which I understand to mean there's still an issue.

Device manager has been checked, its all OK, all the same settings, numbers.

I've checked the .ini folder and updated everything in there, I've tried uninstalling everything and installing the controller first but nothing I'd making a difference... I'm honestly getting close to launching it out the window.

Please, Does anyone have any suggestions I can try before giving up and spending £££ on something un-hornby related 😭

You say you have followed every step of the FAQs and the eLink is still not recognised. Then if you have followed FAQ1 exactly with no success, I suggest that your eLink is probably faulty. The USB port on the eLink has a history of being faulty in posts on this forum and being a potential cause of the issue you have documented, even when the USB port is detected in Windows Device Manager as the fault can be in the eLink on the other side of the USB sub-system.

There is one thing you can try. Reload the eLink firmware manually. The eLink firmware installer .exe file is located in the Railmaster 'Program' folder. How to, is documented in the Railmaster manual on page 144 / 145. But this will probably also fail if the USB port is truly faulty, so at the very least it would be a diagnostic task to perform to confirm fault deduction as the eLink firmware install is done without Railmaster running, so that would eliminate RM settings as the cause.

That error message is the one that other forum members have reported when their eLinks have subsequently been found to be USB port communication faulty. I suggest you contact Hornby Customer Services to obtain a 'Returns Number'. If still under Warranty, repair will be free. Some members have reported that they only had to pay postage for an 'outside Warranty' repair, but this policy can not be assumed to be applied in every case. I assume it depends upon the exact fault Hornby find i.e. if it is one that Hornby know is a product design issue or perhaps a known faulty batch of a specific component used in the manufacture.