problems downloading railmaster

Hi all

i have recently purchased a new computer running windows 11, i have searched this forum and read various threads but have been unable to download railmaster. is there a an idiots guide that i have missed. microsoft and windows edge keep blocking the download as unsafe.

any help would be appreciated

steamfreak

This is a well known issue. The security checks imposed by current modern browsers are incorrectly reporting the RM installer file as being infected with a trojan. This is a 'false positive' trigger. The file is totally safe. I don't use Microsoft edge myself (I use Firefox). The browsers should give you an option to ignore & over-ride the warning and continue with the download. Firefox gives me this over-ride option, but I don't know where it is in edge (I believe the over-ride option is more obvious if you use Internet Explorer which should still be on Windows 11 and available to you). Raise a Google question regarding how to force a download in edge (I have now done this for you see Edit below).

If you can't find out how to invoke the over-ride option in your browser and are really stuck, then there is a Zipped version of the RM 1.74.5 installer file located in one of the sticky threads at the top of the RM forum. Being Zipped, it should in theory evade the false trigger and allow the download. You will then need to Unzip the downloaded file to retrieve the 1.74.5 installer.

The Zipped file download link is located in the sticky titled:

"RailMaster Setup file download back-up location [for when rail-master.com is off-line]"

I strongly recommend that you read Railmaster FAQ Index - FAQ1 AND the Railmaster 'Help Site' (linked to in a sticky) before attempting to install RM.

EDIT: How to over-ride edge file download blocking is described here:

How to tell Microsoft Edge to let you download a file it's blocking - CNET

I would then follow the instructions for "Windows Defender Setting" at the bottom of the article on the linked page to invoke the 'allow manual over-ride' options to be visible on screen for the future.

@steamfreak

I am pleased that AC's help pages have solved your problem. AC has put a lot of effort into producing those pages and it is satisfying to see someone taking the trouble to provide feedback. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@steamfreak

Thank you for the feedback and acknowledgement that my site content aided your situation and that you were able to find a solution.

@David

I am sure you won't want me to say the following but I thank you too for your kind words re my help site.

I welcome comments and suggestions and most of these are received privately via the site. To those of you, and there are many, who have contacted me that way I take this opportunity to thank you all.

AC