New information message panel has appeared.

P-Henny

When making a post this morning, I noticed that there is a new addition to the forums format display.

As well as the post status message that briefly appears as a text banner across the top of the page. For example "Your post has been successfully saved". The same message banner is now displayed at the top of the 'post creation box'. Still not as perfect that a dedicated popup box would would provide but an improvement, as the new duplicate message is now nearer the bottom of the screen where it can be more easily seen.

As far as I can tell, the duplicated message only appears when saving a new post. It does not seem to appear consistently when saving a post edit. I am assuming that it will also appear if a new image post has been sent for mod approval but I have not tried posting an image to see if that happens.

We moderators spotted that extra message which as you say is still not what we want, so it has been flagged back to IT again. It also offers you the chance to view all your posts for some odd reason, maybe there is a flag there saying awaiting approval as well.

What we have asked for is the main screen to dim out and a big dialogue to appear centre screen saying ‘Your post has been sent for approval, etc’ with an OK or Continue button that has to be clicked in order to return to the forum screen.

For general information.

It will be noted that some posts are being duplicated, sometimes many times. This is due to posters not realising their post had gone and so they are resubmitting it.

As previously mentioned we have asked for a message to pop up on screen to inform you when your post has been successfully sent. We asked for this to be centre screen and for the forum to lock until the message is acknowledged. The current message is obviously not as noticeable as we asked for and is therefore useless.

The duplicated posts are, for the moment, being left in place so that those with responsibility for the forum can see the issue. We will tidy things up as soon as we can.

R-

That was meant to be supportive of the moderators.

Even if you do not wish that to be publicly discussed, the moderators should at least examine the content of my now erased post. It represents a technical argument to be used when the moderators discuss the issue with the Hornby IT staff.

Erasing my post doesn't alter its content. Sure, others cannot see it, but it is true nonetheless.

My apologies if you took offense RDS. It certainly wasn't meant that way.

Bee

@WATB

The Moderators are well aware of the scope of their duties as defined by the rules and have only forum security and membership safety in mind.

There are regular meetings with respective staffers at Hornby.

No-one has taken offence.

Repetitive flouting of the rules may result in a ban.

Thread locked.

R-