M3 Stuart Honey and Pastel Green

Shane Powell

I am at the painting stage of my Airfix Stuart Honey kit and already picked up the paints for cover scheme in advance. However the Pastel Green listed for the scheme is very different and much more vibrant to the green in the scheme and on the sample model / cover art. Its almost luminous or neon instead of a grey / green.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the batch my paint come from or whether the recommendation is just plain wrong?

forum_image_64141ac786998.thumb.png.3a7ef4431ed3e47dc8a663b29c5c414c.png

forum_image_64141ad1b9a19.thumb.png.abf3242d67e9e39ff6f6cde588c0d280.png

Thank you all for the replies.

I am going for scheme A here https://uk.airfix.com/products/m3-stuart-honey-a1358

It seems to bit different to the caunter scheme. I am aware of the inaccuracies of some of these so not too worried about the accuracy.

I looked at a few different photos that include that scheme or similar and think I have settled on an alternate colour now. It will look quite different once its been washed and weathered I think anyway.

There seems to be a big variance on colours, for example the tank museums Stuart has that exact scheme but a darker less blue green.

I kind of had my heart set on a blueish green.

I think this will work ok.

forum_image_64147c3f65d61.thumb.png.356cf63ce8622f84905099cf8368c8d3.png

• 2 months later...