Which locos have you fitted hm7000

John-350809

Slightly different in that I  model o gauge and took a plunge , seemed like would work in theory ! 

dapol 14xx

dapol57xx

lionheart 45xx

lionheart 64xx ( I bought a spare board from Peters spares for 57xx board) 

heljan 63xx . Currently fitting a dapol 57xx board as heljan boards are not standard 

all are 21 pin and work a treat and sound amazing with standard speakers . The new dApol have a slide out fitting through smoke box door 

all have 4f sound profiles. Be nice to get a gwr tank but sounds great 

just investigating electronic auto uncoupling which I see there is  a function on HM DCC

Complete game changer amazing products 

Edited by Simon-1299597

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Simon-1299597 said:

just investigating electronic auto uncoupling which I see there is  a function on HM DCC

This is now called creep mode as it simply allows you to set speed and duration of the loco to aid uncoupling. If duration is set to zero then the duration becomes as long as you have the function selected. There is no auto back and forth shuffle needed by some couplings to disengage. An electronic uncoupler would require connecting to a hardware function output (Aux 3 or 4 - see decoder manual), at probably full potential unless the item requires a logic level signal for operation.

Fitted to an oldish china super detail 8F R2449  as a first ever step into DCC.
8 pin  decoder, I couldn't get the decoder and speaker in the loco so I removed the 8 pin socket and  hard wired direct to  motor and pickup leads. removing  the socket ( I also cut down the 2 spigots that  the socket  fastened to) I could  get a small speaker  enclosure in the  smokebox and the chip sat where the 8pin socket  was.
Had sound and some  movement straight away but then things stopped  working, I removed the  profile  and  downloaded again and I got it  working  again, running  was  not good  continually  stopping.
I set some CV's  for  speed ( start V) and gradually  got  some improvement  swapped to Princess profile and things got better, I then ran the auto tune  for the motor and  it   now  runs superbly,  sounds are good  and control is silky  smooth.
Takeaways are
If It stops  working and  you think  you have  blown it - delete  profile  and reload  it  may reset things
Try  different profiles if running  is  poor 
Run the  motor  tune  it  made a big  difference to my 8F

Sly

• 2 weeks later...

Hornby Class 31 D5500 (non-Railroad). Very easy to fit the 21-pin decoder but I did add some Kapton tape where the decoder overlaps circuit board components. There is a tiny bit of clearance but why risk it?

There is less room for a speaker in this version than the Railroad model. Also, as the (non-operational) fan is visible through the grill I did not want to remove it. The small "stepped" speaker enclosure fits across the chassis between the fan assembly and the vertical body-screw pillars. I used Glu Dots and the result feels solid enough. I would have preferred to use a larger enclosure but I feel this is a good compromise.

Software setup was completely straightforward and I am very pleased with the result. Apart from the sounds, the rear (and front) lights can be individually switched off for a correct configuration when hauling a train.