Rail Master Installer No Longer Available

Hi all,

Been away for a little while I notice that apparently the latest version of RailMaster should be 1.74 Revision 5. Mine is running on 1.74. Revision 1 but my RailMaster install does not indicate there is any new version to download.

Tried the dedicated link on the developers web server and also from Hornby's site but neither work.

Is there another link where I can get it from?

.......my RailMaster install does not indicate there is any new version to download.

It won't.

The auto detect of new version only triggers with major updates i.e going from 1.74.x to 1.75.0

It does not trigger with minor updates i.e going from 1.74.1 to 1.74.5 (the intermediate minor versions are not needed to be installed sequentially).

The 1.74.5 download link is still valid, I used it yesterday.

This morning the server site is being reported as being offline. This is most likely a temporary situation and should be back either later today or a couple of days at most. The same situation occurred during the most recent Bank Holiday weekend when HRMS updated their server software. Note that when the server is offline, the auto update detect will not work even if a valid triggerable update version is available.

Once the installer is downloaded, right click the file and choose 'Run as administrator' and install over the top of the installed version. You DO NOT uninstall the current version first, but be aware the download triggers a 'false positive' security warning which has to be circumvented to enable the download to complete. There are threads in this section of the forum that describe 'how to'.

EDIT: Just tested the backup download link posted in the pinned sticky at the top of this forum and that worked fine. Open the sticky (2nd one down) and follow the first red clickable link to the MEGA site. This downloads the 1.74.5 Installer.

EDIT 2: The normal HRMS download link is working again. Just tested OK.

According to one YouTuber there is an update out for RM which updates the locos and accessories database with another big update for a yet to be announced feature on its way. The guy seems to be a beta tester and is sworn to secrecy about the content of that update.

Yes, I know. I am a subscriber to his channel & left a comment on his latest video. He seems like a genuine enough guy. I've no reason to doubt him. We'll just have to wait & see what happens now. The thing is, they've been saying stuff like that for a while & nothing has eventuated...

Prompted by this thread, I checked my RM version number and found that I was still on 1.72.0! I thought RM was meant to update automatically, at least for major updates?

I then went through an incredible palaver to do the update - the HMRS link didn't seem to do anything, so I tried the backup MEGA site and eventually after turning off virus checking in Windows Defender and turning off safe browsing in Chrome and overriding security warnings I was able to download the installer and do the update.

I can't say that I noticed any difference!

Regards, John