Power Connectors query

Haywire52

Hi folks, I’ve just bought a couple of power connectors and also a power link pack for my DC set. Problem I’m having is the wires are too short. My soldering skills are pretty poor so I’m wondering is it possible to purchase Hornby compatible long wire with the connecting terminals attached? The power link pack has such short wires by the time I’ve cut it and threaded it through a hole in the table top there’s not enough wire to use a connecting block to extend the wire length?

Buy a pack of Hornby X8011 terminals off ebay. These are crimped onto wires, so no soldering is required. You can then make your own custom length wires to plug into Hornby power track connectors. The X8011 terminals are what the Hornby factory use to make the short length connecting wires used with the R8201 Link Wire product (what you are calling "power link pack").

When available the Hornby shop sells X8011 in packs of 50 (but not always in stock). The ebay sellers split a Qty 50 pack to sell in smaller quantities i.e packs of 10.