Horby First Class Repair Service For Live Steam

bonnergen

• 3 weeks later...

Once again I would like to thank Hornby and John in particular for their great service. My Flying Scotsman has just returned in great shape. The locos always benefit from some TLC by someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks.

AUSLNER said:

Living in Australia, where can i send my Live Steam Mallard for this service. how much is it?

Hi AUSLNER,

I'm in Australia as well and have had no hesitation in sending locos to Hornby for service. The

last service cost something in the order of AUD$25 (+cost to post it).
I know that people from all over the world send their LS locos to Margate for service, so I'm sure it is not only the best option, but probably the only commercial option where they

have the knowledge and the spares.
Just as well they are good.

Muzza said:

Hi AUSLNER,

I'm in Australia as well and have had no hesitation in sending locos to Hornby for service. The last service cost something in the order of AUD$25 (+cost to post it).
I know that people from all over the

world send their LS locos to Margate for service, so I'm sure it is not only the best option, but probably the only commercial option where they have the knowledge and the spares.
Just as well they are good.

ok cool. do have to contact

customer care? whats the process? how long did yours take?

AUSLNER said:

ok cool. do have to contact customer care? whats the process? how long did yours take?

I contacted John at Customer Care by email to let him know it was on the way. It takes about a week either way for postage

and really only a couple of days at Hornby.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi

its all been said Hornby and the steam service that they provide and the main man John H is with out doubt the best place to send your live steam engine that might not be giving off its best performance. The engineering is of such a high standard a check over is a good idea.

even full size steam engines need a service and overhaul so why not our live steam engines

ken

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Ant, from down under here. I have just brought an ex shop stock Hornby R1041 Live Steam Mallard set and its missing the CD out of it. I was wondering if its still avaliable or if anyone could or would have a downloadable file of it that I could get please? After reading your posts its unlikely that it would be brought back but at least people like us are keeping them alive for future generations. I have a Five inch gauge 4MT number 80135 (the same as the one in preservation) and my granddaughter on arrival at my place always wants to see my trains and my motorcycle collection first but realy loves the trains thank god. Thank's in advance if you can help me out, Cheers, Anthony.

Hi All,

Ant, from down under here. I have just brought an ex shop stock Hornby R1041 Live Steam Mallard set and its missing the CD out of it. I was wondering if its still avaliable or if anyone could or would have a downloadable file of it that I could get please? After reading your posts its unlikely that it would be brought back but at least people like us are keeping them alive for future generations. I have a Five inch gauge 4MT number 80135 (the same as the one in preservation) and my granddaughter on arrival at my place always wants to see my trains and my motorcycle collection first but realy loves the trains thank god. Thank's in advance if you can help me out, Cheers, Anthony.

Hi Anthony,love to see your train and motorbike collection ,any chance of a couple of photos,,,martin