Railmaster app download iPhone

Just to eliminate any possible confusion. There is no APP version of RailMaster. There is however a 'Hand Held' throttle that runs on Apple IOS, but this does not function as a 'stand alone' controller, it connects using Wi-fi (not Bluetooth) via your Broadband Wi-fi router into Railmaster running on a Windows PC. Thus your hand held mobile device needs to be Wi-fi enabled and networked to your Railmaster PC.

As previously stated, it is not an APP so you will NOT find it listed in any IOS APP Store. You use the browser in your mobile device to go to a webpage and load some browser enabled software via a clickable link.

It is all documented in the 'Hand Held' PDF Manual along with the web page you need to navigate to.

The manual is installed on your Windows PC Hard Drive as part of the Railmaster software installation. If you haven't removed it, you should find a Railmaster Manuals folder on your Windows Desktop, the folder contains 'shortcut link icons' that open the PDFs saved in the Railmaster Program folder. It is the 'HandHeld.pdf' you need to read.

The 'Hand Held' is designed to be run ideally on the Chrome browser. It is also a 'chargeable' control option and not free. A license needs to be paid for and entered into the main Railmaster program to enable full functionality. I believe that it will run in an evaluation mode without the license.

Thanks I’ve managed to download it to my iPhone but having trouble connecting to my RM laptop..I’m running on Windows 7 which is not supported any more,

I presume you have to pay the fee for my device to work properly ? As I have Licence version of Railmaster not Evaluation version.

Railmaster has a MULTIPLE license (key) charging policy. There is a license (key) for the main RM program. Then there is a supplementary additional license (key) to pay for the RM PRO upgrade. AFAIK you don't need PRO to use HH. Then each individual 'Hand Held' has its own paid for supplementary additional license (key). So the license key you have already paid for to operate the full functionality (non evaluation) version of RM does NOT include the license fee to operate a 'Hand Held' device, which is an additional cost component.

There are many posts on this forum relating to issues getting the HH device to communicate with RM, so you are not the first to experience issues. I don't use the HH myself, so only have the forum members posting history to draw upon. But I am sure that it is possible to resolve basic communications errors before risking paying for a HH key. In other words, it should be possible to create a basic functional link between the HH and RM for testing purposes before purchasing a key to unlock full functionality.

If I can find some of the previous informative threads I will come back and add a further reply with links to them FYI. They might not be easy to find as I am pretty sure they were posted about 2 to 3 years ago. The last HH code update was circa Dec 2022 and may now be out of date with current IOS Versions.

If you can expand upon what you are experiencing in detail trying to get the HH communicating with RM, then that might trigger some of my memory cells. Screenshots of what you are seeing would greatly assist. Remember that posted images need mod approval and will not appear straight away.

I've found a thread from Jun 2020 that might assist, unfortunately it predates the last forum update so all the screenshot images posted in it are missing.

https://uk.hornby.com/community/forum/railmaster-and-ipad-31687?p=1

Scroll five posts up from the bottom and read the post made by 'stewart jones' @ 21:14:11 on 30th Jun.

Note his comment about the 'Restart' vs 'Back' button in the IOS webpage setting up IP Address process. If you used the 'Restart' button when setting the RM IP Address instead of the 'Back' button, then that is why your iPhone doesn't connect to the RM PC.

If you want to see more historic forum threads relating to HH IOS, then follow the link below. This was how I found the info above.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?lr=&safe=active&sca_esv=570352775&hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=Handheld+IOS+Railmaster+Chrissaf+site%3Ahornby.com&oq=Handheld+IOS+Railmaster+Chrissaf+site%3Ahornby.com&aqs=heirloom-srp..

From RAF’s link, the important detail for HH is in the 3rd last dot point - lean how to use a fixed IP address. This is necessary for the HH to work.

And to note - the iOS version of HH has been the only one to work without having issues. I’ve had no problems with it.