What equipment is required to hear Sound

Ian-373656

I have moved your post to the DCC section where it belongs and changed the title to describe your question.

The answer to your question is that no special equipment is required to hear the sound on a DCC Sound fitted Loco. The Loco does need to have a Sound Decoder fitted. Please advise which model you have and which Decoder is fitted, so that we can help you further.

DCC sound decoder loaded with an appropriate sound file and connected to a suitable speaker.

DCC controller to get the full benefit of the set up. Note that some decoders will play some limited sounds on DC but it’s not guaranteed.

An alternative route is to go with Hornby’s HM7K system where all you need is a TXS sound decoder (supplied with a speaker), a compatible power supply, and the free Hornby app loaded to a compatible phone or tablet.

There are plenty of guides available with more specific details in the HMDCC section of the forum.

Hint: the second route is significantly less expensive that the first.

• 1 month later...

ahh Simmbo- you beat me to it. I don’t think there is a more perfect answer to that question. It’s why most of my subjects are long I get the entire question out there to the disgust of many as I take up 2-3 lines, so I can dive into help if I can. Now in this case I’m sorry to say I can’t help with anything other than the original question.

EARS

good luck.