Bird's eye view measurements of R7295 Scottish Croft

ausrym

Hi all

I want to buy R7295 Scottish Croft for my layout but the dimensions listed on the Hornby website suggest it could be too big for my space.

I can see there is a front ‘alcove’ and a rear skillion portion for the overall building which represent the extremities of the building depth (i.e. front-to back).

If anyone owns one, could they please provide a bird’s eye view photo of it and measurements of the main part of the building and then the alcove and skillion portion to see if I can adjust my topography and landscaping around these points?

Regards

• 1 month later...

Hello Ausrym

I do understand your dilemma. You want an item, but you are unsure if it will fit.

If it does not fit, you must acquit - Johnnie Cochran

If you want the Scottish Croft (obviously you do), then make room for it. It is fairly clear that those who correspond here do not have it¹. Consequently, you will boldly go where no correspondent has gone before.

Get it and inform us of your progress. It seems from your note, that it may be a snug fit. A little kit bashing may fix that, or perhaps a tiny bump out to the underlayment.

I do apologize for not being able to directly answer your specific question. I do not have R7295.

Bee

¹If anyone does, for heavens sake, please pipe up. This is a friendly group!

No worries Bee, my layout scenery is all done so I'm not prepared to change it to accomodate R7295 so I'll give this a miss (plus my setting is English, not Scottish, although I was happy to bend the rules for this building, but alas...)

I wish Hornby would publish dimensioned line drawings of (all aspects of) all its Skaledale buildings (similar to what they do for the locos), especially for those that have lean-to areas etc. or are unsually shaped. Would make things much easier.

Might be worth sending that suggestion to marketing@hornby.com.

They are willing to consider suggestions for improvement & digital CAD ‘blueprints’ for Skaledale buildings will have to already exist as part of the design process.

It would only need them to be added to the website product images/details.

The picture of R7295 on Amazon is a pretty good interpretation of a crofters home, The picture on the Hornby site is nothing like a traditional crofters home. I have the remains of a home on my croft and the rendition of the one on amazon is pretty good.

I have ordered one from Amazon which should arrive on Friday so I can let you know if you wish, Regards, Ard.

Just had a look myself on both the Hornby website and Amazon and certainly the image on Hornby's website looks nothing like a croft but does look very close dimensionally to a standard Scottish cottage. Very much like the one I had. All across Scotland there are buildings like this, often in terraces or with multiple levels. The length and width dictated by the timber available.

If accurate to mine - built 1793 - it should be 144mm x 79mm, give or take. (Excluding side building and porch, I didn't have those but did have free standing coal sheds.)