Quality Issues

Hello

I recently bought my sons a Pro Platinum set for Christmas , having loved Scalextric as a child, but my set is basically unusable.

There are dead spots all around the track, when one is fixed another seems to appear. The track seems to warp instantly and the short single lane pieces do not equal the length of the pit lane entry/ exit causing more warping/ gaps.

I’ve looked online for solutions to the bad connections, but nothing seems to provide more than a temporary fix. Usually one lane works the other doesn’t, then after 5 mins no lanes work again.

Considering this is a brand new set I expected a lot better, it doesn’t seem right to require tinkering to a brand new product. Have other people found this?

The new set looks like the set from my youth after 2 years of use, has there been a significant drop in quality in recent years?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a missing piece, if gaps appear then it usually means track length isn't correct. There should be no tension throughout the layout or gaps. Did you get this sorted?

Because Scalextric track moves you can in theory make some tracks work without the correct number of pieces, I have done this but you then get gaps appear. When I move my large track slightly no gaps appear, your mention of the single pieces and pit lane sounds like it could be this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 10:24 PM, Alexander-376860 said:

Hello

I recently bought my sons a Pro Platinum set for Christmas , having loved Scalextric as a child, but my set is basically unusable.

There are dead spots all around the track, when one is fixed another seems to appear. The track seems to warp instantly and the short single lane pieces do not equal the length of the pit lane entry/ exit causing more warping/ gaps.

I’ve looked online for solutions to the bad connections, but nothing seems to provide more than a temporary fix. Usually one lane works the other doesn’t, then after 5 mins no lanes work again.

Considering this is a brand new set I expected a lot better, it doesn’t seem right to require tinkering to a brand new product. Have other people found this?

The new set looks like the set from my youth after 2 years of use, has there been a significant drop in quality in recent years?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

1. Contact Customer Support: Reach out to the manufacturer's customer support team to report the issues you're facing. They may be able to offer troubleshooting tips or provide replacements for any defective parts.

2. Check Track Connections: Ensure that all track pieces are properly connected and aligned. Sometimes, even a slight misalignment can cause connectivity issues. Make sure the connections are clean and free from any debris or dirt that could interfere with conductivity.

3. Inspect Power Supply: Verify that the power supply is functioning correctly and delivering consistent power to the track. Faulty power supplies can lead to intermittent connectivity issues.

4. Evaluate Track Quality: Take a close look at the track pieces themselves to see if there are any visible defects or irregularities that could be contributing to the problems you're experiencing. Warping or uneven track surfaces can cause cars to lose traction or encounter dead spots.

5. Consider Return or Exchange: If the issues persist and the set doesn't meet your expectations, you may want to explore the possibility of returning or exchanging it for a different set or a refund.

As for whether there has been a significant drop in quality in recent years, it can vary depending on the manufacturer and the specific product line. It's worth researching customer reviews and feedback to get a sense of other people's experiences with the same set.

On 2/10/2024 at 8:54 AM, Paul-346202 said:

Sounds like a missing piece, if gaps appear then it usually means track length isn't correct. There should be no tension throughout the layout or gaps. Did you get this sorted?

Because Scalextric track moves you can in theory make some tracks work without the correct number of pieces, ....  When I move my large track slightly no gaps appear, your mention of the single pieces and pit lane sounds like it could be this.

I have no idea how to cope with it