Snap it not Railmastered

Hi everyone. I hope this belongs in this forum not the DCC one.

I have motorised my points. On one particular set I have used an NCE Snap it decoder. The Snap it decoder and point works if I put its number into the Elite to change the point. However, If I click the button on Railmaster, for said point on the diagram it doesn't. I have the number set up correctly, I checked it last time I was on there. The diagram changes, but the physical position of the point doesn't. Any ideas?

XYZ

Most definitely a RM question and the correct forum for your question.

In the RM track plan, when you right click the point operating button to open the configuration dialogue panel.

• What Accessory Decoder is selected in the 'pull down' selection box and is it configured for Controller A or Controller B. Your text query description suggests that this setting should be Controller A. A screen shot of this configuration panel, with the point icon included in the background would really help. I find selecting the R8247 Accessory Decoder can be more reliable than selecting a non Hornby Accessory Decoder in the pull down selection box. Try the R8247 option and see if that works (but see the SNAPping comment below first).
  • When you placed the green & red operating button icons on the track plan. Did you try to place them manually OR did you place the mouse cursor in the middle of the point icon (the mouse cursor not the dragged button in the middle if the point icon) and see both buttons SNAP automatically to their correct positions on the plan when the left mouse button was released. Placing buttons manually without observing this SNAPping action can prevent RM from operating the point correctly. This is documented in the RM manual.
  • If you are not sure about the snapping, you could try deleting the buttons and adding them again and make sure you see them snapping and then also try the R8247 selection option.
  • What DCC Address are you using for the point.

As Paul says, a screenshot of the point configuration window would be the most useful in helping you. However, the only consequence of not snapping the red/green buttons into place relative to the point icon, is that the route indicator on the point icon will not react when the red or green button is pressed. The actual point on the layout should operate provided the configuration behind the red/green is correct, even if the buttons haven’t been snapped into position.

Ray

Thanks guys. Yes, deceiving railmaster that it is a Hornby R8247 made it work. The adress I am using for the point is 21. As I don't want to use the numbers 1-4 so that they are availible to test new decoders, 5-8 are the far station area, 9-12 are the windowsill siding and lower end of the triangle, 13-20 are the points on the lines near that side of the station, 21 was the next address. as its a NCE Snap It decoder, which is single port 22-24 will have to be blanks. If I get round to motorising my points control panel side their numbers will start from 25. Thanks for your help,

XYZ

Glad to hear the issue solved. thumbsup

Selecting R8247 as the decoder seems to work more reliably with many non Hornby decoders. Makes you wonder why HRMS give other brand options in the first place in the selection box [a rhetorical question that does not need an answer. As I know the answer all ready, well at least for some of the decoders in the list].

P.S. Your numbering plan [leaving 22-24 spare] seems like a good plan of action as it keeps the multiples of 4 addressing policy intact. Mind you, that said, I see no reason why 22-24 could not be used if you were to purchase up to three more single port SNAP decoders in the future.