Reaction Limits

It seems there is a limit in how many reactions you can use in a day. That does seem counter intuitive as if lots of good content is published it’s appropriate to show appreciation, it’s essential saying my good will has strict limits 🤣

• Haha 4

Mainframes built by unis as research projects with flexiwriter/paper tape as the input and cards yet to be available. 

That was in the early 60s with 20 years to go until the first IBM PC was produced. And those first PCs didn’t have hard drives, twin floppy drives if you were lucky. I remember installing my first HDD in a clone, the big one with 30 megabits of storage - yes, megabits not gigabits

Our first company computer ('84/85) was a 75meg Prime, what we would now call a tower PC, that required a cast of thousands to look after it. 6 users and everything had to be hand coded. Getting a printout took all day, first to interrogate the database, printing to screen, then send it the fan-fold dot matrix printer. Importing data was by way of a huge tape reel read by a machine the size of a kitchen cabinet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Didn’t like to ask whether that was being applied to specific users. Friendly warning noted though. 

Generic across all Brands while the forums are in turmoil. Once the dust settles it will be business as usual, if we can find the new rules.

There is a user warning system, but if we test it on you it's the naughty step for a quoted period. Think Blue Card Foottie Rules.

• Haha 1