HM7000-6

2 hours ago, RDS said:

If I have read your post correctly, you are hoping to use the legacy Dongle to operate your points?  The HM7000 App does not yet enable you to operate Points.  I have many Points on my layout but I use RailMaster to operate them, which is a simple mouse click on the corresponding Point.

Yes that was my intention, but as @96RAF pointed out this functionality is not yet available. Instead I'll just familiarise myself with the dongle's capabilities within the App and continue with the Elite meantime. My layout is still under construction, so plenty to do.

50 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

To expand on my post yesterday about operating legacy points from the app using the dongle. What I said stands, but if you need to operate points now via the app then you have to use the HM6010 module, which is the bluetooth enabled equivalent of the legacy R8247 v2.0.

Indeed, I did successfully trial the HM6010 with the App, but my plans changed and I went with discrete decoders for the points instead. Such are the pitfalls of learning on the job! 

Edited by Andrew-372848
Spelling!

On the TT:120 08 question, I have had the Ruby 6 pin decoder in, good, The Zimo MX617N with a Lais stay alive in, excellent performance and I am about to experiment with a Zimo N500 sound decoder + speaker and an alternative stay alive; These options obviously require a traditional DCC system but if you go the Elite/Select route with Dongle you can of course have full App control too.