New Platinum Pro with short Pit track section?

Expidia

Is this even possible that they manufactured the left side of this new pit track section too short.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

If I tighten the left side then the gap opens up on the right side.
It could also be the short pieces that fill in the lane along the side of the pit track one might have been cut to long?

First pic is the left side. And 2nd pic is the right side of the two pit lanes.
I'll have to take some finer measurments of each of the track sections in question.

This side of the set up is all a straight run after the curve.

IMG_4534.jpeg

IMG_4535.jpeg

Edited by Expidia

Update: today I held all the 3 inch wide pieces togther and they were all the same length. There is still a wide space as shown in this 3rd pic taken today.

It's either the pit track is too short or the 3 inch wide pieces are all cut too long?

IMG_4545.jpeg

Edited by Expidia

While I can`t guarantee that there isn`t some sort of a manufacturing problem  it is really rare to ever put two pieces in line with sensors (the round hole in the rails). I can`t tell from the pictures if this is the same type of track or not.

If it is the same type e.g. a short single-lane straight etc then there is a problem. If the track if of a different type I think the problem is they were never meant actually connect.

Not sure I am making sense...?

Pictures of the whole pieces of track would help...

Update: Scalextric c/s got back to me with a timely response: Give us a few days, we will send the short single lane track to you, I think that is the problem.

expidia: it looks like the issue was the "short" single lane (they shipped the set with 9 sections of code: CC) that may have been manufactured short rather than an issue with the two pit sections.

Update 2: Scaley C/s was researching out my issue but tonight I changed my layout and the 1/4 gap is almost gone.  Still when I layout the pit sections and the 3 inch wide single sections along side the pit sections on my dress without any other tracks connected the single sections are still 1/4 inch longer than the pit sections!  I don’t know? Maybe this is done by design.

Either way the gap there now is probably down to a 16th of an inch which is livable for me. 

s