I thought TTS was dead

ColinB

TTS is discontinued - TXS has replaced it.  Are you saying Rails actually have a new TTS item in stock? Or that they are advertising an item currently in development/production? (If the latter, they have no doubt simply got inaccurate data from Hornby website/catalogue/etc.)

I did check on the Hornby website but unfortunately it avoids any details of the sound package. I double checked the Rails entry because I thought it might be HM7000 but everywhere it mentions TTS. 

The product code includes the letters TTS so I’d say that it is indeed a TTS locomotive. Unlikely that the product code would be wrong. I think what is wrong is that the product is labelled by Rails as being new. Reviews on the Hornby website go back to 2016 - not a perfect guide I’d admit.

The non TTS version is a different model number (even without the TTS suffix) so presumably slightly different version. This supposition further strengthened by looking at the side on views which suggest the tender connection is different between the two models.

Edited by Moccasin
Added clarification

Just now, Going Spare said:

The only loco I can find on the website is the TTS version.

Yes the non-TTS model is sold out and has a different model number (see my previous post which crossed in the ether with yours)

9 minutes ago, Going Spare said:

The only loco I can find on the website is the TTS version.

I just did a search of Flying Scotsman on their website. It appears the non TTS one is out of stock, so I suppose a subtle price rise in between.

Edited by ColinB

9 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

The product code includes the letters TTS so I’d say that it is indeed a TTS locomotive. Unlikely that the product code would be wrong. I think what is wrong is that the product is labelled by Rails as being new. Reviews on the Hornby website go back to 2016 - not a perfect guide I’d admit.

The non TTS version is a different model number (even without the TTS suffix) so presumably slightly different version. This supposition further strengthened by looking at the side on views which suggest the tender connection is different between the two models.

It is on the Hornby Website so I assume it is a recycled product, I don't think they were doing the TTS fitted one last year, it was all HM7000.

I believe this is a genuinely new production run as I seem to recall R3284TTS was showing as pre-order only for some time and my query to Hornby questioned whether it would be re-run as a TTS model, eliciting the reply that it was anticipated to come still as TTS rather than TXS.  R3086 is a 12 year old design.

ColinB's post crossed with this one.