TT:120 HST Swift Is Here

Dodge1965

Looking at pic, I would imagine fitting a PB would require a little more disassembly. Taking the motor cover off; section with the fan mounted on as it is probably too close fitting to allow the PB fly lead to sit on top and the body go back on. Appears to only be 4 screws that are easily accessible, so not too difficult. The Guards area does look to have some space but if it’s a bit tight for a PB, there is a way to make the PB more ‘size adaptable’ for tighter spaces, I’ll pop a post up over weekend 😁

Edited by Rallymatt
Spilling

1 minute ago, Rallymatt said:

Looking at pic, I would imagine fitting a PB would require a little more disassembly. Taking the motor cover off; section with the fan mounted on as it is probably too close fitting to allow the PB fly lead to sit on top and the body go back on. Appears to only be 4 screws that are easily accessible, so not too difficult. The Guards area does look to have some space but if it’s a bit tight for a PB, there is a way to make the PB more ‘size adaptable’ for tighter spaces, I’ll pop a post up over weekend 😁

I think it will fit on its side at the bottom. Will take the power car apart and take a side on pic. You maybe right though..

• Thanks 1

@Dodge1965 and @RallymattThanks for the info - if they are indeed now designing the new releases with the full HM7000 experience in mind (BT, Sound and PB) I think that's a really good sign of integrated thinking. We can then hopefully assume on this being replicated in future releases. 

Coaches look great Tim. Just check the decoder I fully seated into the socket and the pick ups on the Dummy Power Car are contacting ok. Actual decoder failures are quite rare, but they can happen. 😁

Wow - @Tim Allen - that looks awesome. Love the close coupling. And thanks for showing a comparative length photo. Have a feeling I may have left some of my scenery clearances a little tight for that length. 

Posted (edited)
On 29/02/2024 at 15:18, Postman On The Rails said:

There is loads of space for stay alive, side ways is too tight, length way is much better. Cable is plenty long enough to reach connection.IMG_3459.thumb.jpeg.b03d0cbf233478cace38aa0efea03799.jpegIMG_3459.thumb.jpeg.b03d0cbf233478cace38aa0efea03799.jpegIMG_3461.thumb.jpeg.ff7723e2a51c5539f02a9c1a0e21f5f9.jpeg

IMG_3460.jpeg

Edited by Dodge1965
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Coaches look great Tim. Just check the decoder I fully seated into the socket and the pick ups on the Dummy Power Car are contacting ok. Actual decoder failures are quite rare, but they can happen. 😁

looks like the decoder, reseated and nothing. Put the blank back in and lights came on. 

This'll be the 3rd failure for the decoders. 1st one burnt out (literally melted), Blink Bonny just stopped on a straight and now this one today. It was working perfectly with the reds and engine sounds but then I noticed lights were off. I'll contact customer services (again). 

12 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

looks like the decoder, reseated and nothing. Put the blank back in and lights came on. 

This'll be the 3rd failure for the decoders. 1st one burnt out (literally melted), Blink Bonny just stopped on a straight and now this one today. It was working perfectly with the reds and engine sounds but then I noticed lights were off. I'll contact customer services (again). 

Might be worth checking power supplies etc to prevent any further damages. So many failures seems more than a coincidence and yet all the HM DCC decoders currently were from same batch. 

1 hour ago, Tim Allen said:

The Mk3 coaches have arrived. Looks like the decoder in the dummy car has died, no lights or sound and not connected in app...

IMG_2094.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg

Wow @Tim Allen those coaches look amazing.. Lovely to see some pics and someone using them..

DPD should deliver mine soon... I Hope..

Loving seeing all the updates on the HST. Will be even better when the other two are out and pics are up..

14 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

@Dodge1965, thanks for the pic showing space for a PB if wanted and looks so much better with people. Which range are they from? I must do some crew in my locos 😁

Haha i funny man... They also have their two dogs with them, they are laying on the floor alseep.. Probably against the rules !!!   Men are from here https://www.moorviewmodels.co.uk/

55 minutes ago, taunmarc88 said:

@Dodge1965 The intercity looks amazing I’m enjoying watching you all get to grips with them! I don’t know if I will get one so I’m living through everyone who did right now!

Its sure is.. Blown me away the quality and the sound... Very happy bunny right now, If i can do anything else for you, please let me know...

1 hour ago, taunmarc88 said:

@Dodge1965 The intercity looks amazing I’m enjoying watching you all get to grips with them! I don’t know if I will get one so I’m living through everyone who did right now!

Snap 😁; great to see another superb model making people happy! Excited for people 👍

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

Agreed! That's the version I've got on a preorder. As @Moccasin mentioned, I think we should be good! 

They would have removed this by now, but do we really know why the HST digital version was canned?