Problem downloading RM

I’ve now got the RM upgrade round my neck!  When I try to use the link.     http://www.rail-master.com/rm_setup.exe   or the .zip I keep getting taken to Railmaster Evaluation Copy.  When I click on this and go to my downloads I see an ‘Unconfirmed 764948.crdownload’ file, I am unable to open this I’m told ‘unable to find software to open this file.   Do I really want to download the evaluation copy anyway?

Technically there is just one version of the software, it starts life in "evaluation mode" until you enter your registration key to enable and activate its features. There is no other download. Have you got your registration key and have you ever entered it?

The download issue sounds like your browser has blocked the file or your antivirus software has quarantined it. However, if you have 1.74 rev5 running in Evaluation mode, you don't need to worry about downloading it again.

Thanks for the reply, I fear I confused people by the title.  I’m trying to download the RM update as my version is 1.73, I’m experiencing one or two difficulties with decoders, my Elite is now up to date, I now would like RM up to date and probably Windows as I am still running W10.  Once that’s done I will have a stable base to start problem solving.

I’ve contacted Hornby but they don’t give help on RM anymore, I’ve raised a query with Railmaster themselves and are awaiting a reply, but any help that would enable me to update sooner would be greatly appreciated.

On 04/03/2024 at 17:05, thirdline said:

I’ve now got the RM upgrade round my neck!  When I try to use the link.     http://www.rail-master.com/rm_setup.exe   or the .zip I keep getting taken to Railmaster Evaluation Copy.  When I click on this and go to my downloads I see an ‘Unconfirmed 764948.crdownload’ file, I am unable to open this I’m told ‘unable to find software to open this file.   Do I really want to download the evaluation copy anyway?

The “Unconfirmed etc” file you’re seeing is the name of the file during the download. When the download is complete, only then will it change the name to rm_setup.exe. So check that the download finished.

I’ve had a very informative email from Railmaster explaining how to do the upgrade, it’s a bit complicated as pc’s security programmes can prevent it working, however I’ve done it, I presume it’s ok as the RM screen shows 1.74 in the tiniest font ever at the lower right of the window near the clock.  Not a lot appears to have changed tho.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thirdline said:

I’ve had a very informative email from Railmaster explaining how to do the upgrade, it’s a bit complicated as pc’s security programmes can prevent it working, however I’ve done it, I presume it’s ok as the RM screen shows 1.74 in the tiniest font ever at the lower right of the window near the clock.  Not a lot appears to have changed tho.

All previously covered on these forums as to why it gets blocked and how to get round it. We still await the 2 promised updates that were scheduled last year.

15 hours ago, thirdline said:

Glad your sorted. Yes, the 'protection' from browsers and AV software gets stronger on anything it suspects, even though, like with RM, its fine.

If you hover your mouse over the 1.74 yellow box, it should come up and confirm "revision 5"