Oxford Diecast Top 10 - 2023

I can’t wait to get the mini and the London bus. The price is so good, I’m pleased they are doing well for Oxford.  It seems TT is the future for a lot of companies, those who model in OO will already have the vehicles they need so a fresh range and scale is bound to continue to do well as long as we adopt it as modellers.That video  of Sam’s is not ageing well at all…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taunmarc88 said:

That video  of Sam’s is not ageing well at all…

Manure doesn’t age well 🤣

Meanwhile back to vehicles in TT:120, hope Oxford die cast are spurred on to expand the range sooner rather than later and start matching vehicle eras to the rail models available. There is a distinct lack of lorries that needs the Oxford Diecast touch. These are great models and I think good value, it’s no wonder they sell well 😁

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Manure doesn’t age well 🤣

Meanwhile back to vehicles in TT:120, hope Oxford die cast are spurred on to expand the range sooner rather than later and start matching vehicle eras to the rail models available. There is a distinct lack of lorries that needs the Oxford Diecast touch. These are great models and I think good value, it’s no wonder they sell well 😁

I agree there is a lack of lorries. I need some for my industrial area to flourish.

• Like 1

It’s really interesting that the TT models all scored so highly, hopefully that success is mirrored in the sales figures too.  We could definitely use more vehicles.  The new Routemaster and Tractor look promising too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gilbo2 said:

Although not TT, it made me smile that the Austin Maestro was No.2 :classic_ohmy:.

The trouble is that the manufacturers only tend to do Fords  and VWs with only the very popular models of other makes produced. So when something comes out that did sell well and what people want it'll do well in it's first year, the Allegro and Princess both sold well in the past as well. I'm hoping for some more 70s and 80s non-Ford cars in due course, and a Rover 214/216 would be nice as well!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John-L said:

It’s really interesting that the TT models all scored so highly, hopefully that success is mirrored in the sales figures too.  We could definitely use more vehicles.  The new Routemaster and Tractor look promising too.

Not quite.  One is missing - the fire engine I think.  I wonder why - It's a nice model, as they all are.  Perhaps a bit out of place at a country station outside London?

What I find impressive is that they're all a lot better compared to the slightly smaller N gauge models.

• Like 1