Hornby trains on Fleischman/Lima track

Not familiar with the track but I suppose it depends on the age of the rolling stock / locomotives, thus how deep the wheel flange profile is relative to the track design / profile.

Al.

Shouldn't be a problem.   Code 100 rail is tall and will accommodate older deeper flanges.    I guess the only possible problem could be the back-to-back measurement through Fleischmann turnouts, but their track system has been around for decades and will have been designed for old Fleischmann models.

Any Lima track after 2004 would be Hornby track and as far as I know any more recent Fleischmann track would be Roco, who coincidently used to produce track for Hornby. 

I have Hornby, Fleischmann, Roco, Mehano, Athearn, Trix, Atlas, Mabar, Bachmann and other models running on Hornby, Roco and Peco track with no issues so you should be fine as you have modern stock and code 100 rails. Its not something I have ever worried about when buying stock from different manufacturers.   

Alan, 

Are you running OO models? If so check the radius of any curves you bid on. I don't now about Fleischmann, but Roco R2 work are slightly tighter than Hornby R1. Roco R3 is about the same as Hornby R2 so probably a minimum for reasonable sized OO models. Roco R3 would be better. Continental track geometry is tighter.

If you have some of the older HO points (turnouts) they were not all self isolating like most modern makes. The Jouef ones had a sliding fishplate to isolate them but then you had to have other electrical feeds. The old Lima points were rubbish and fell to bits at the slightest provocation!

I have never worried about mixing and matching track and in fact some of my old Tri-ang trains run very well on older continental track which is very close to current standards but as Elloloco says, watch the radii. Some have their R1 at around 12.5” which would form a circle inside Hornby R1.