TT:120 Storage

Dodge1965

This subject has come up a couple of times on here. So i bought another “Really Useful” set of plastic draws for loft layout. Mainly for odd and sods. £37.99 from online shop.

When chatting to @Rallymatt the other day, we was looking at storage for the HST i have and coming. 
But the box was around £50 , well made and looked quality, But i would only get maybe 2 sets of HST's , if i was lucky.

So i bought some black dense foam and lined 3 draws for £16.99 Amazon. Only the right width for the length of the draws. I used double side tape, to hold the black foam in place. The white foam came in a parcel the other day, i cut these into strips to protect the items.

So i still have roam for more locos and coaches and wagons.

Plus a good size width wise for caoches.

IMG_3495.thumb.jpeg.f921df4d396398739bec90a82e30d414.jpegIMG_3494.thumb.jpeg.1d30354dde631fc800a3ecebe4fb85d2.jpegIMG_3492.thumb.jpeg.3214ce37a605c19f151d968db16deafb.jpegIMG_3491.thumb.jpeg.71a9c97e826d13beb06dd219d0820bd4.jpeg

Edited by Dodge1965
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Artyp said:

Thanks Dodge you've solved for me how to line the boxes I had for Christmas. Foam ordered from Amazon.

Glad to help... It works a treat, the foam is perfect and holds all the bits well... I could have gone thiner, but it stops the coaches rolling too much.  Looking forward to seeing pics..

• Like 1

Good ideas again. I am after something as been using the plastic cases they come in. However, there exsists a risk of over handling locos when using these so need something easier and softer.

Thanks Dodge.

Did I see somewhere on the forum some card boxes somewhere designed for TT??

Edited by TaffsTT

I have a couple of these boxes myself and find them very suitable for local storage. Made from sturdy cardboard and a soft foam insert. The slots are generous so the items drop in without force. Quick delivery from Germany.

large.FeldherrStorageBoxFSLB055.jpeg.a5835fb005657af5cf388e74a6c7b434.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Andrew-372848 said:

I have a couple of these boxes myself and find them very suitable for local storage. Made from sturdy cardboard and a soft foam insert. The slots are generous so the items drop in without force. Quick delivery from Germany.

large.FeldherrStorageBoxFSLB055.jpeg.a5835fb005657af5cf388e74a6c7b434.jpeg

They do look good... I saw these last year and wanted some...

2 hours ago, RB51 said:

That looks very neat. I'm sure I've got a couple of those cases around here somewhere. R-

All my stock goes in them, I have five! They are stronger than those plastic boxes and don't burst open, if camera people use them then they're good enough for model railways! Also easier to carry.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

did you have to pay any charges on top buy UK customs?

No additional charges on my order direct from them. Shipping conditions to UK state:

Your order is below GBP 135 (145 EUR)? Same procedure like before Brexit. We will charge UK VAT and send you the item. There is just a 1,99 EUR Brexit shipping add-on. There are no customs - and there are no UK fees at this time (01.02.2021). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

You lot are a bad influence, ordered with extra inserts 😝 

U sir have the breaking strength of a Kit Kat !!!!  Nice one, look forward to seeing pics...

3 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

So any pics???  I love using the storage box for the HST.. Working real well.

Hopefully they will arrive before 13:40 if Parcelforce tracking is to be believed unless something mysterious happens like yesterday 😝 on a side not got to wait until at least 8pm for my HSTs 🥲