TT:120 Storage

Dodge1965

1 hour ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Hopefully they will arrive before 13:40 if Parcelforce tracking is to be believed unless something mysterious happens like yesterday 😝 on a side not got to wait until at least 8pm for my HSTs 🥲

Yep never sure about this tracking pages and the info...  8pm for HST.... That's like days away !!

• Like 1

Filled up one of the boxes, they come with the inserts in so you only need to take them out when you have something to put in it. I got a pack of 40 spacers as an additional item. The cardboard box seems sturdy enough there is also give in the dividers so you don’t catch anything. Going to be much easier now than having to unpack and repack each time I want to run them.

In the box I managed to fit:

- William Whitelaw

- Flying Scotsman

- Mallard

- DB 08 Shunter

- 3 MK1 coaches (from the easterner set)

- 3 Hornby 7 plank wagons

- 3 TTA Tankers

- 2 Other Manufacturers 7 plank wagons

- Toad E Brake Van

- BR VENT VAN

IMG_2282.jpeg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Filled up one of the boxes, they come with the inserts in so you only need to take them out when you have something to put in it. I got a pack of 40 spacers as an additional item. The cardboard box seems sturdy enough there is also give in the dividers so you don’t catch anything. Going to be much easier now than having to unpack and repack each time I want to run them.

In the box I managed to fit:

- William Whitelaw

- Flying Scotsman

- Mallard

- DB 08 Shunter

- 3 MK1 coaches (from the easterner set)

- 3 Hornby 7 plank wagons

- 3 TTA Tankers

- 2 Other Manufacturers 7 plank wagons

- Toad E Brake Van

- BR VENT VAN

IMG_2282.jpeg

Wow.... Looking real good... As u say, so much better and easier than the Hornby boxes.. I made sure i spelt Hornby right as well !! 🤣

• Haha 2

In the ‘old days’ a shoe box got the job done…..

Of course there was hardly any detail and paint finish was so tough it could double as a re-entry heat sheild. I think these purpose designed storage boxes are a great idea, using the retail packs can be quite likely to damage things or be just so awkward we don’t use them and then models get damaged.