Severn class lifeboat to be reissued this year

Just noticed this - it's in the shop to pre-order. 

So you could do a pair. The new Shannon one is about 19cm long IIRC, about 5cm shorter than a Severn. ISTR the latter being considered quite challenging when it came out. 

I'm tempted to build the Shannon as may be an antidote to the Severn. The Severn has been the only kit I've ever decided not to finish. No amount of trimming would allow sufficient clearance for the cabin to fit over the beautiful interior. At least the RNLI has had a little donation from me through the purchase but as, for me, scale modelling is all about relaxation and enjoying the build process, there really was nothing else for it ... as they say, "when the fun stops, stop!" 😊

That looks great! … but sadly after taking all the care in the world, it did not work for me on this occasion. As for shake and bake, I don’t think any kit is that else everyone would be turning out first class models time and time again and I probably wouldn’t be asked to do commissions 🤷‍♂️

I do think, certainly for me, there has to be a meeting of minds between the model designer and model maker. A bit like a crossword writer and completer, if you’re on the same wavelength they seem easy. As we have seen, many have built this kit to a very high standard, while I found it to be an abomination. I’ve just had a similar experience with the Me410, had it not been a commission that too would have ended up in the bin. I found it an absolutely awful kit to build … sometimes I’m thinking it’s all in the mind! 😳