Heljan new Class 57 issues with BT HM7000

Hi

I have just installed the HM7000 BT decoder and speaker into one of the new Heljan Class 57 units.

It fires up ok, sounds and lights all test good, but when it pulls off it all cuts out and loosed connection to the Bluetooth.

I had a similar issue with the Accurascale Class 37 with the Accurathrash speaker as it was 4ohms and the HM7000 only really likes 8ohms.

Has anybody else had issues?  

Kind regards

Matt

19 minutes ago, Matt-710603 said:

Hi

I have just installed the HM7000 BT decoder and speaker into one of the new Heljan Class 57 units.

It fires up ok, sounds and lights all test good, but when it pulls off it all cuts out and loosed connection to the Bluetooth.

I had a similar issue with the Accurascale Class 37 with the Accurathrash speaker as it was 4ohms and the HM7000 only really likes 8ohms.

Has anybody else had issues?  

Kind regards

Matt

Fitting a Hornby power bank will cure the take off stall, but they are thin on the ground at present.

@Matt-710603 - have you checked the following:
• tested the loco on DC to ensure it is working properly before attempting to use a decoder in it
• confirmed (with a stall test) that the motor current demand is within the decoder’s capability
• checked all electrical pickups are making decent contact (to ensure that movement isn’t causing contact to break)
• installed a different sound profile (the v1 factory loaded profiles have a bug that causes cutting out)

If you’ve already ruled out all the above, then it sounds like a power bank will be your best bet.

Edited by LTSR_NSE
  • Like 1