New TT:120 Intercity Train Sets Online

Dodge1965

5 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

The two Easterner sets are now showing as “pre-order” on the Hornby website, though no date is given. While this is not unexpected, given other retailers were already taking pre-orders, it removes any doubt that these two sets will remain in the range.

Not surprising in many respects as they are great value - about £30 more than the locomotive on its own. 

According to webpage source 22nd Sept 2024 for both versions (subject to change of course)

I would be getting one too at that price 🙂

Edited by Tim Allen

The sets are the absolute best way to get started. I mean no disrespect to Hornby’s OO sets, but their TT:120 sets are leagues better. You get a locomotive and three coaches from a brand new tooling. Whereas the OO sets are usually outdated models that don’t hold a candle to modern RtR models, the TT:120 sets look fantastic next to any other product in the range (because they’re the same!). 

I’ve gotten one TT:120 set… It won’t be my last! 

7 hours ago, Moccasin said:

The two Easterner sets are now showing as “pre-order” on the Hornby website, though no date is given. While this is not unexpected, given other retailers were already taking pre-orders, it removes any doubt that these two sets will remain in the range.

Not surprising in many respects as they are great value - about £30 more than the locomotive on its own. 

Aw digital Easterner my first Hornby train set takes me back to last year lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the last few minutes I found out LNER painted a HST set in rail blue/grey in 2019 as part of a farewell tour of the class before its withdrawal.

The power cars (W43006, E43112) had later style of headlights and its 7 Mk3s had the door locking lights but to all intents and purposes it was otherwise in original genuine blue/grey livery with regional prefixes albeit with orange cantrail lining.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/149336-lner-hst-farewell-tour-blueyellow-hst-december-18th-to-21st/page/3/

Edited by gc4946
spelling mistake