Two locos won't work together

As you know Rob, we are just in the process of having many new HST digital owners running their new locos. The idea that they might need to pull apart at least the dummy car to put the decoder in a tester, or pull apart both and swap the decoders for programming, is not going to be popular to say the least.

Then if the same problems persist once the consist problem is solved, there is going to be an outcry.

• Like 1

Put the dummy car & the powered car on the programming track at the same time, do the programming  for the dummy car then remove it from the programming  track and program the powered car alone.  No swapping of decoders or decoder tester needed.

This is a HM7000 equipped dummy power car being managed by the App. I'm not sure why a programming track would be required as that would imply a traditional DCC solution?

I was able to install HM7000 decoders into my power car and dummy power car for a TT120  exec livery HST and had no issues installing both decoders via the android app. When installing the power or dummy power car would have been the only device on the track and I force stopped the app before each installation for the link to work correctly. I therefore don't believe there will be any issues specifically relating to dummy power cars if using the app.

9 hours ago, Fishmanoz said:

As you know Rob, we are just in the process of having many new HST digital owners running their new locos. The idea that they might need to pull apart at least the dummy car to put the decoder in a tester, or pull apart both and swap the decoders for programming, is not going to be popular to say the least.

Then if the same problems persist once the consist problem is solved, there is going to be an outcry.

Yes - I went back into DCC mode there. Programming OTA from the app doesn't need a load, nor should there be any need to pull a decoder.

I've got them both working!

The issue with the power car was a bug in the Android app.

If I tried to load the profile from Locomotive Settings and choosing the profile then

Install Locomotive Profile
Import Running Profile
Import Function Map

I can only select Import Function Map.

However, if I go to Settings > Profile, choose the profile, then the locomotive then all three options are available

Install Locomotive Profile
Import Running Profile
Import Function Map

I installed the Locomotive profile, linked the dummy car and presto!

And yes, @96RAF it's a known bug :classic_biggrin:. I found it the hard way!

According to HM Customer Care it'll be fixed next week.

Thanks for your help everyone,

Martin