D-Day 80th Anniversary Magazine

Well, I think Michael Clegg has done a fantastic job with this, Issue 10, release of our Airfix Club Magazine. I sadly have to confess to having given past editions just a cursory flick through but I’ve never been so absorbed in the magazine as I was this morning over my coffee and cornflakes! 

When, earlier this year, I received my Club Limited Edition D-Day Duo kits, I must also confess to being a little disappointed. Having built so many Airfix Spitfires over the years and even having the XIX and a Typhoon in my stash, I was hoping for something very different. However, on reading Michael’s article and the reason behind Airfix selecting these aircraft, I’m sold. They are indeed going to be a great addition to my collection. Coincidentally, I am currently reading Taylor Downing’s book “Spies in the Sky” and have just reached the chapter on D-Day in which both these aircraft are given a major shout for their role in the success of the landings. 

Then Michael includes an extensive piece, building on his Workbench blogs, on the soon to be released B-24 Liberator, a kit I can’t wait to get my hands on! 

Hats off, Michael … the best magazine in my extensive Club magazine collection 👍

IMG_1039.thumb.jpeg.c688a7eb3801f668078449023ef14ff1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...