Total loss of all linked decoders (25+) on HM7000 app via iPad

Hi everyone, has any body experienced an issue of this magnitude? I know that some have had one or so drop off but to have all locos disappear!

I’ve only been setting up locos for when the layout is up and running so they’ve only been run on a short length of track to test that they work ok then put away .

ive tried reinstalling the app with no success and rebooting the iPad 

any help would be appreciated 

woody

When you say loss, do you mean complete loss of control?

Have you caught the ‘stop layout’ button?  (it changes to ‘resume layout’ if you do!)

If loss means your roster of linked decoders completely disappeared - deleting & reinstalling app could well delete all linked decoders and result in the need to re-link them all again.

Please can you provide more detail of the issue you’re experiencing.

Hi LTSR-NSE

No it wasn’t an accidental stop layout it was a complete loss of the roster of linked decoders, this happened after a day of linking 4 locos to sound decoders without any issues.

additional: I’ve just discovered that an internet tv device lost its Wi-Fi contact I’ve rebooted modem and that is now back but not the train roster, I’m con concerned that I may have lost everything by reinstalling the app though.

2 hours ago, Derek -1282787 said:

Hi LTSR-NSE

No it wasn’t an accidental stop layout it was a complete loss of the roster of linked decoders, this happened after a day of linking 4 locos to sound decoders without any issues.

additional: I’ve just discovered that an internet tv device lost its Wi-Fi contact I’ve rebooted modem and that is now back but not the train roster, I’m con concerned that I may have lost everything by reinstalling the app though.

The roster is stored within the app so if the app crashes and needs a reload then your roster has gone and will have to be reloaded. Unfortunately there is no way yet to back up the app user side content.. 

As RAF says, deleting and reinstalling the app is a sure way of losing everything. Also, it is hardly ever necessary to do so. Always start after a problem by closing the app, rebooting the device and removing all locos from the track. Then start everything up again. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's a pain but perhaps not as bad as you think. When you relink each loco the app should recognise that you already have a sound profile loaded to the decoder and will prompt you to reload from the decoder rather than from the profiles available from the app. It's much faster.

I'm in the process of upgrading my tablet (again) and have sixty to do. Hornby have been asked to comment on the potential to develop a backup system. I think this is essential as many users will be building large collections as the system matures.

This is the second time I've had to do it (my choice) and am seriously considering just using the DCC side of the system in future.

• Like 1