Is it me?

Charlie 66

Hello all,

I'm new to the hobby and decided to dive in on a brand new TT gauge layout.  All good so far!  However, I'm getting very frustrated with the whole DCC set up as I can't seem to get it working consistently.  I'm using Railmaster through an Elite controller.  I got to the point where I have laid a large oval of track with sidings and decided to "run in" my brand new A4 "Falcon", partly to ensure the track was ok and also to get a locomotive up and running.  I renumbered CV1 to 001 and lowered the sound volume onCV158. - again, all good so far.  So off "Falcon" went for a 30 min run at half speed forwards - I turned the sound off after a short while.  However, at the end of the 30 mins I tried to stop the loco with the Railmaster screen control and nothing happened, I tried the sound and nothing happened and I had to lift the loco off the track!  I then shut everything down and restarted and not only was there zero repsonse from the loco, but the slider control on the Railmaster screen only showed shunt speed or max speed.

Having slept on it I have tried again and basically the same thing is happening.  The loco sets off, but after some time it seems to go "autonomous and just keeps chuffing along with no control commands being received.

I have no idea what's going on here - is it me - have I missed something or is there a faulty product in there somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Is your Falcon fitted with a HM7000 TXS decoder?

If yes, please check the following:
• Have you installed the latest version of sound profile from app? (it contains a few bug fixes over the factory installed version.)
• Can you check the value of CV19 - there is a current bug that can cause this to to be altered to an incorrect value (triggering the consist address) - if incorrect, resetting this to default value will regain control.

Alternatively if a different decoder type/brand, please say what it is.

3 hours ago, LTSR_NSE said:

Is your Falcon fitted with a HM7000 TXS decoder?

If yes, please check the following:
• Have you installed the latest version of sound profile from app? (it contains a few bug fixes over the factory installed version.)
• Can you check the value of CV19 - there is a current bug that can cause this to to be altered to an incorrect value (triggering the consist address) - if incorrect, resetting this to default value will regain control.

Alternatively if a different decoder type/brand, please say what it is.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it is the Hornby fitted Next 18 TXS decoder.  I've not used the app yet, so I'll have a look at that.  I did notice CV 19 had changed to 019!!  I'll rewrite that to 000 and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Charlie, might I start by answering the question you pose in your title - by definition, yes it’s you.

My point - you are much better off describing your problem briefly in your title. In this instance “Loco Becomes Unresponsive  After 30 Minutes Running”.

Then there is which forum to post this in - DCC because you are running an Elite; RM because you are using RM; or HM | DCC (HM7000) because you running an HM7000 decoder. For future reference, HM | DCC will usually be correct when you are using these decoders.

But then, you’ve been lucky this time. LT picked your likely problem in one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fishmanoz said:

Charlie, might I start by answering the question you pose in your title - by definition, yes it’s you.

My point - you are much better off describing your problem briefly in your title. In this instance “Loco Becomes Unresponsive  After 30 Minutes Running”.

Then there is which forum to post this in - DCC because you are running an Elite; RM because you are using RM; or HM | DCC (HM7000) because you running an HM7000 decoder. For future reference, HM | DCC will usually be correct when you are using these decoders.

But then, you’ve been lucky this time. LT picked your likely problem in one.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll be more careful next time!