D-Day 80 Inspired Builds

I’m thinking I need to make a start on a D-Day 80 inspired build or two. On raiding my stash I’ve unearthed the D-Day Air Assult kit and naturally for us Airfix Club members, we have this year’s limited edition set including another Hawker Typhoon and PR Spitfire. 

I remember first making the Typhoon together with a little pink PR Spitfire as one of my lockdown projects 4 years ago, so I’m having a bit of a deja vu moment here 😊

IMG_1173.thumb.jpeg.287323e3ef09faa1dbc6100516207b32.jpeg

Is anyone else planning on doing something for the D-Day anniversary? 

Edited by Tour de Airfix
Typo .. ping should have been pink!

I'm doing the d-day overlord diorama.  It started off bad with the old mould Sherman but the Cromwell is much better.  Hoping to add a bit more to the base if I have the skill.  Might also see if I can replace the British troops with Us troops so its a bit more accurate.

dnIawnt.png

That books looks interesting, wonder if the library has it

Ah the brother kit to mine! I was also tempted to pick one of those up, so look forward to following how you get on. 

Haynes seem to do a book these days for every eventuality. This D-Day Operations Manual is the 75th Anniversary edition but it was first published in 2013 so I would hope the library would have one somewhere out there. It’s quite an informative book, particularly for the sea and ground forces. Less so for the airforce. 

• Like 1