Mk3 GWR & BR Intercity Coaches Are Now In Stock

• Dodge1965 changed the title to Mk3 GWR & BR Intercity Coaches Are Now In Stock

I know it’s windy but June appears to have blown in 2 months early!
😂

It should please those that were having a moan that Locos were here without coaches… how could Hornby do such a thing… seems it’s all good 👍

Edited by Rallymatt
Sarcasm added
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

My credit card may disagree with the “all-good” comment, but yes it’s good to see them in stock. Next on my pre-order list is the Class 50. I think there’ll then be a gap of a few months until things start arriving in the autumn. 

It’s possible I’ll use reward points to buy some Mk2s for Leviathan (points do mean prizes after all!). The points from the HST should come through next week, so I’ll have about £120 worth. Worryingly, the direct implication of that is that I’ve spent over £1000 on TT in the space of about 12 months. I’m not sure that telling myself that it would have been £150 or so more without the club discount is enough of a mitigation! 

Edited by Moccasin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

Hornby are trying to bankrupt me. I thought I was safe until July for the GWR coaches 😂. At the rate they are going the entire phase 2 will arrive by the end of next week 😅

“Haha” - I feel your financial pain!

1 hour ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Fingers crossed the pre-orders start shipping Monday 😝 

Customer Services will be busy over the next couple of weeks with all the calls about the individual shipping charges…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PeterM67 said:

Hornby are trying to bankrupt me. I thought I was safe until July for the GWR coaches 😂. At the rate they are going the entire phase 2 will arrive by the end of next week 😅

I am thankful of my careful planning but even that might struggle at this rate 😝 

6 hours ago, Moccasin said:

Customer Services will be busy over the next couple of weeks with all the calls about the individual shipping charges…

It’s because of what happened in the past that I’ve cancelled my pre-orders for these with Hornby and re-ordered them all from Rails.

If the individual items are less than 50 quid each to qualify for free postage, why pre-order? Just wait till they are in stock and then order them together to get free postage. The only things I have on pre-order now are the three Duchesses due to the original membership deal. Every thing else can wait till it's in stock.

Edited by david_watts1

2 hours ago, david_watts1 said:

If the individual items are less than 50 quid each to qualify for free postage, why pre-order? Just wait till they are in stock and then order them together to get free postage. The only things I have on pre-order now are the three Duchesses due to the original membership deal. Every thing else can wait till it's in stock.

Because even with postage charge they were still cheaper with the 15% club discount that was prevailing at the time. It also protects from the price rises. Hornby raised prices by about 15% around this time last year.

A phone call to Hornby usually gets the shipping charges removed. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

I suspect if you come back in a year time very little rolling stock will be on pre-order. We'll all be buying in stock from dealers for an average  10% discount 😆

I have no other coaches on pre-order - the Mk2s are all that I have my eye on and they’ll be a good use for my reward points. I use the Hornby shop partly because of the BA Avios points I get (5 Avios to the £) but also because of the reward points and their excellent customer service.

*subtly hides his pre-order for the IFA wagons hoping that @PeterM67 won’t notice them*

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, david_watts1 said:

I pre-ordered which keep the original pricing and discount.

I think as so many new models are arriving month by month, the pre order option will remain buoyant, it’s going to take a few years before the range settles to core products that are in stock with all the retailers. Price protection and superb customer service are great reasons to buy direct (technically any issue has to go back to the ‘seller’ although Hornby always make things right) and we do have reward points which matches the 10% ‘discount’ retailers always seem to give. 

• Like 1

Thanks for heads up.

Four era 7's ordered. Might get one or two more later, want whole train to be able to stop at a straight station which will be about 125cm (coincidence!) long.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Thanks for heads up.

Four era 7's ordered. Might get one or two more later, want whole train to be able to stop at a straight station which will be about 125cm (coincidence!) long.

You say coincidence but I think it’s just more evidence that TT120 was meant to be…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moccasin said:

I have no other coaches on pre-order - the Mk2s are all that I have my eye on and they’ll be a good use for my reward points. I use the Hornby shop partly because of the BA Avios points I get (5 Avios to the £) but also because of the reward points and their excellent customer service.

I have way too much on pre-order. I get worried about things arriving at unfortunate moments such as if I dare go away on holiday. I'm looking forward to ordering  things more strategically. Now I say this but I am weak and those newly announcement models look so tempting 😂

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

I have way too much on pre-order. I get worried about things arriving at unfortunate moments such as if I dare go away on holiday. I'm looking forward to ordering  things more strategically. Now I say this but I am weak and those newly announcement models look so tempting 😂

Yep, especially with moving release dates 😝 

• Like 1