Minimum curve radius for newer coaches

Hi,

Can anyone explain why the newer LMS 57' coaches, TT4007-4009, measuring 14.4cm are showing minimum curve radius 1 while the BR 57' coaches, TT4032-4038, also 14.4cm are minimum radius 3?

If minimum radius is 3 then these coaches have limited use.

Someone fouling up the website shop entry probably. I'd be more tempted to think they are all the same rather than the LMS ones are somehow different to the BR ones. Someone's already shown how to alter them to run on tighter radii anyhow, bit of a faff but I'm not too fussed as I've only ordered two!

It could well be in the design spec rather than a description error. I noticed on my 50’ Stanier the pivoting is more restricted than MK1s. That could be down to the original design of the Stanier coaches? 

This might be a good thing for one of our intrepid YouTube interviewers to bring up during their Q&A with Hornby executives. If this is by design, we need to make sure we can notify people as they plan layouts. If it's an error, the website should be adjusted for accuracy. Either way, it's good to clear things up!

• Like 2

Why doesn't someone do the analysis by comparison. Turn them upside down and check the bogie articulation range of movement. Best guessing if its a web erroro or what ever is not productive.

36 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Why doesn't someone do the analysis by comparison. Turn them upside down and check the bogie articulation range of movement. Best guessing if its a web erroro or what ever is not productive.

Simply because the 57' coaches are not out yet lol.

Edited by Silver Fox 17

1 hour ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

This might be a good thing for one of our intrepid YouTube interviewers to bring up during their Q&A with Hornby executives. If this is by design, we need to make sure we can notify people as they plan layouts. If it's an error, the website should be adjusted for accuracy. Either way, it's good to clear things up!

Peachy and I have it down (or something very close to it) as one to ask. Agree that clarity is what we need. 

• Thanks 1