Layout is coming along

Paul M

Very much a table top TT120 for me. Track laid and ballasted. Landform drying out. Go to get scatter tomorrow.

Station, halt, pub and church all delivered. Anyone know the width of the terraced houses please? Not sure if the quoted dimensions get width and depth mixed up. Just need to know how many to order to fit the space for a terrace.

20240419_175656.jpg

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, GMD said:

Amazing the difference even that small step makes to the overall impression. Thanks for the update

Time to work on the forest on the high part next. 

I’m increasingly loving the simplicity and yet effectiveness of this scenic solution. Avoids the sense of a tail-chaser without sacrificing the benefits of it. 

3 hours ago, taunmarc88 said:

Looking great! Is that a station halt in the back corner? The church looks great in its own plot of land.

I bought a pub to go there, but the size and style was wrong, so now got an unused pub. I put the little extension part of the station in there as a hut, and only use the main part of the station. I have put a S&C waiting room on a small platform in the opposite corner to the station as a countryside halt.

Would you give us a 'closer to eye level' shot? Am interested to see how much elevation you have in the hills, and how much it hides the rear lines. Just if you get half a chance!   

43 minutes ago, GMD said:

Would you give us a 'closer to eye level' shot? Am interested to see how much elevation you have in the hills, and how much it hides the rear lines. Just if you get half a chance!   

Will do. I need to go over the track with a rubber and get the trains back on, waiting for the final layers of scatter to dry completely first, so might be tomorrow.

I built and painted a rockface on the far side before fixing the hill down, but it can't be seen.

• Thanks 1

On 24/04/2024 at 22:07, GMD said:

I’m increasingly loving the simplicity and yet effectiveness of this scenic solution. Avoids the sense of a tail-chaser without sacrificing the benefits of it. 

Agreed, clever way off disguising it and adding interest to the layout.