I've got 5 mini-pot 64s from my starter/gift sets.  Not got the models that need them yet and they're all solid.  It may be, previously said, that they need a jolly good stir!  Certainly the several pots of 86 (khaki type stuff for tanks from the DDay Operation Overlord set) were solid and they took heck of a lot of stirring and drops of water to re-energise them.  they were very bitty to begin with but have now settled down.

The OP needs to advise if they're enamel/acrylic, pot, tin, bottle etc so we know what the situation is.

6 hours ago, Ratch said:

Maybe someone else knows @peebeep

Can't really help, other than the fact that the Humbrol enamel matt colours could always be a bit hit and miss. I always used to find thinning with a hot(ish) solvent would help disperse both pigment and matting agent. One of the reasons I invested in airbrush equipment was because it's actually easier to get a smooth and consistent finish over bristle brushing and you don't get the issue of not getting dense coverage with pale and pastel colours. As far as I'm concerned acrylic lacquer is now the way to go. Second to that is spirit base acrylic. Humbrol don't do either so I'm no longer in their market.   

• Thanks 1