Superglued class 50 nem pocket

Hey guys I just bought this hornby class 50 and turns out someone has super glued the nem pocket that holds the coupler and so it can't move around and restricts the wheel bogies from moving around and so derails on curves. Is there a solution for this or would I just need to cut it the pocket off 17141082761303415559135774793965.thumb.jpg.9928d538e2e1def2ac1d8a061af0d97d.jpg

I don't have my 50 out at the moment.

For me, it's not clear to see what has been superglued and where.

Is it the socket which permits the 'fishtail' to push into the mount which is glued into the central position?  Where has this been glued?

Al.

Something looks odd, as if the coupling pocket's mounted the wrong way round?  Usually the leaf springs/guides would be at the rear and the front "pointy bit" of the KK mechanism would face forward and travel in the shaped slot.  Is the coupling on the other end ok?

Here's a link to spare parts complete with spring by the look of it.   I'd be tempted to remove the "fiddled with" one and fit a new part.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305500083199

Edited by ntpntpntp

The class 50 coupling cam/mount was modified (X9233 to X9233M) a while back so you need to know which one to purchase if you are going to replace your damaged one.  If your loco is R2641 or a higher number, you need the modified version.  However, these appear to be sold out at Hornby and the major spares suppliers which may be the reason why the previous owner attempted a repair. 

• Like 1