Elite & Wi-Fi

Does any body know why my Wi-Fi on the Rail master program  has stopped working but on my laptop the wi-fi is working 

I have reinstalled Rail master but still no joy  could this be a problem with the Elite or in the program

Thanks 

Elite doesn't have any Wifi capability. It talks to RM by USB.

There should never be any need to reload RM. Most problems can be sorted by other means.

RM only uses Wifi for a handheld device (phone or tablet) to talk to the router which the PC RM is installed on uses for radio comms.

Your question isn't giving us the whole story, so we need full details of what you are using.

When running Rail master V1.74 on my laptop Lenovo 15in  on the main screen top right corner there is 3 items that light up

1  I think its the world I imagine the internet

2 is the Elite Controller

3 is loco

No 1 does not light up so if I want to deactivate rail master it will not connect to the server error 12029 

No 2 Lights up 

No 3 Inactive

Hope this helps a bit better.

I've noticed exactly the same thing in the last few days - strong wifi signal and the browser connects normally, but the internet symbol on RM doesn't light up as it used to do. Maybe it only lights up if it can connect to the RM server?

Regards, John

I thought it may be in the famous manual and gosh it was...

1. Yes it is the internet and yes it is required for connecting to the RM server for whatever reason.

2. It tells the status of your controller - hover over it and up comes their revision state, both controllers if you run 2.

3. There is no loco detection yet so that will never light up.

IMG_1959.jpeg

Yes its the Internet active that does not light up so no internet from the controller

not able to send deactivation request to the gateway

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Malc58 said:

Yes its the Internet active that does not light up so no internet from the controller

not able to send deactivation request to the gateway

Thanks 

The controller has no way of connecting to the internet and has no need to. Your laptop does that and talks to RM.

Posted (edited)

Just to confirm what RAF is saying - this has nothing to do with your Elite which is working (it is switched on, active and RM Setup has the correct Comm port for it).  It has to do with your laptop’s internet connection.  While it may be functioning, RM cannot see the RM servers through it.  Either the servers are down for some reason or access to them is currently blocked via your ISP (this is a known problem with some ISPs).

Usual first advice - try connecting your laptop through a different ISP.

Edited by Fishmanoz