Tornado

pidder

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly how they do it, except it's self-adhesive so they don't have to paste!!

Graskie said:

Surely they don't peel and paste all the wonderful realistic pictures and great colours you see nowadays on road and rail vehicles?

I've often wondered and thought they were perhaps computer applied somehow.

da4472vid said:

could you imagine if the battle of briten class loco spitfire or hurrican were still around today and painted in spitfire colours for the 95th RAF anniversary
What colours would you choose Dave. Brown and Green, Grey

and Green, Photo Recon Blue..........Even Spit's were adorned with all sorts of camouflage schemes. On that theme, was it 73109, that was named Battle of Britain, is it me or was I the only person that thought that was a mistake of the poorest order.

Taken from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_73)

South West Trains

South West Trains inherited one locomotive, no. 73109, which is used as a "Thunderbird" rescue locomotive. It was named in 1990 to commemorate

the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. It is affectionately known as "BoB" by rail enthusiasts.

Plus further info re that loco lower down.

mortehoe said:

da4472vid said:

could you imagine if the battle of briten class loco spitfire or hurrican were still around today and painted in spitfire colours for the 95th RAF anniversaryWhat colours would you choose Dave. Brown

and Green, Grey and Green, Photo Recon Blue..........Even Spit's were adorned with all sorts of camouflage schemes. On that theme, was it 73109, that was named Battle of Britain, is it me or was I the only person that thought that was a mistake of the poorest

order.

I bit Ironic 73109 as B.o.B but then again maybe at thime it was to had salt to the wound the the germans

da4472vid said:

mortehoe said:

da4472vid said:

could you imagine if the battle of briten class loco spitfire or hurrican were still around today and painted in spitfire colours for the 95th RAF anniversaryWhat colours would

you choose Dave. Brown and Green, Grey and Green, Photo Recon Blue..........Even Spit's were adorned with all sorts of camouflage schemes. On that theme, was it 73109, that was named Battle of Britain, is it me or was I the only person that thought that was

a mistake of the poorest order.
I bit Ironic 73109 as B.o.B but then again maybe at the time it was to add salt to the wounds of the germans

Graskie Thanks, I'll have a look, out of interest, but expect it's more pricey than I would want to pay.

Incidentally, a fine goose chase you lot sent me on with your reference to class 73, I recalled photographing 73133 some years ago at Fairwater

sidings and wondered where it is now. Google shows it at Barry but their list of rolling stock doesn't include it...

Archived