How to connect classic controller underneat the track

Shaned30

Hi all,

im hoping someone can help me here I have a 1983 le mans scalecitric track and I'm wondering how to connect the controller to the track. I have the classic controller with the red tab that connects underneath the track but I do not know where it clips in. I'm not sure am I missing a piece for this. Can someone please send me instructions on how this is connected to the track Or where exactly it clips in? Thanks

Good Morning, I'm afraid we do not have any Instruction Leaflets from 1983. However, the red rectangular plug with two copper contacts plugs into the underside of the track. One on each lane. The wires from these plugs go to the hand controllers and powerbase. These are hard-wired so nothing needs doing here.

On the underside of a straight track piece, about 1 foot long (350mm), you should find a moulded stamp of C160. On each lane you'll find a receiving rectangle for the red plug. Push the red plug in to this moulded rectangle and the two copper pins will nestle against the metal track rails. With the power turned on, put a car on the track and pull the trigger. The car might move backwards, in which case you should turn the car round or turn the red plug 180 degrees as per your 'direction of travel' preference.

One more thing, if you have lane change crossovers (not crossroads) always use these in pairs to make sure that a car on a lane can cross over to the other side of the track and then cross back again! I hope this helps.

Happy Racing :)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...