Fog signal man

Layouts4U (UK) sell a ready made Fog Man, Hut & Brazier 1:76 00 scale already fitted with two LEDs. A flickering one in the brazier and a static Red one in the lantern the Fog man is holding in his hand. It is pre-wired for 12vdc use.

Ninth product up from the bottom of the page link included above.

I did consider including the Express Models one in my previous reply Fazy, but although the product photograph shows a Night Watchman (not a Fogman) and a Hut. The Man and the Hut are not included in the price, the item on sale is only the flickering brazier. I paste the text from the Express Models web site as justification for my statement. See text in bold.

. "A 4 mm scale brazier fitted with a small red bulb and a unit which produces a completely random flickering effect from the bulb. Ideal to use with the Langley night watchmans scene. Requires a 12V DC power supply."

Fazy, I only mentioned Express correction as I didn't want 1528 potentially making a purchase because Express is a cheaper product, then not getting delivered what he was expecting. Of course, I might be wrong. It is strange that the product description doesn't specificially say man and hut not included. It is a badly worded product description all round. A lot of the other products on that page appear to include items in the photos that are not included in the price, only the rubbish skip specifically states figure not included.

TWD,

Although based in Peterborough 'Layouts4U' regularly attend my local model shows (North Kent) with their 'buy at show' stall. I must admit, the quality of their products for the price paid is second to none. Highly recommended.

Check out their exhibition diary to see if they are near you anytime soon.

Yes they certainly do TWD, makes you wonder how they find the time to make the products and manage the web mail-orders. I said Peterborough due to the PE post code, and being the more generic location.

Archived