1:24 scale MGB kit - Airfix/Aoshima

MG Writer

back in the 1990s, Airfix did a deal with the less well known but highly skilled Aoshima model kit concern of Japan, issuing Aoshima's "standard" chrome bumper MGB in road-going trim. However, Aoshima also offered at least two other versions of the MGB. These were a rally version and a very good version of the so-called "rubber bumpers" MGB. Maybe Airfix could do a deal to offer the same range of variants?

/media/tinymce_upload/d83553a0beac1e55546c6d2bdc954ee5.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/b8e8a11b4d04c0ff8225aa25acfcfb42.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At eBay (DE) there were just two MGB in 1/24 scale for sale. The Airfix one and the Revell kit, both offered for 20 euro each (about L 16.80). The Airfix kit found two bidders and was sold for 22,50 euro (L 18.90) on the last second, the Revell kit remained unsold and is offered again for the same price. So all in all the interest in kits like that seems to be very limited.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for brining up an old thread but to be honest i dont like the mgb.

I prefer earlier ones like the q type (we own one and use it in vscc events)

Well I am so jolly sorry you don't like the MGB. I guess that we all are, but maybe we will get over it.

you are lucky to have such a rare classic MG race car; sadly I don't own a Q Type, let alone a K3. But I would be pleased to see decent scale kits of either (Revell made an MG TC I think; but you may think of that as an aberration with a Morris engine!

• 4 months later...

Sorry for brining up an old thread but to be honest i dont like the mgb.

I prefer earlier ones like the q type (we own one and use it in vscc events)

Well I am so jolly sorry you don't like the MGB. I guess that we all are, but maybe we will get over it.

you are lucky to have such a rare classic MG race car; sadly I don't own a Q Type, let alone a K3. But I would be pleased to see decent scale kits of either (Revell made an MG TC I think; but you may think of that as an aberration with a Morris engine!

Matchbox did a TC in 1/32 scale, and Monogram did one in 1/24 as one of their originally diecast body quartet; the Monogram kit may have been re-tooled/issued with a plastic body by themselves or after the Revell takeover.

• 1 year later...

Archived