Future TTS Chips

TrainMan29

I would like Hornby to produce separate TTS sound chips to allow us to upgrade our existing locos. The three TTS diesels released this year have all sold very well showing there is a high demand for the sound chips.

For 2016 I would love Hornby to produce TTS chips for the:

Class 43 HST

Class 156 supersprinter

Class 66

and more 37/47 chips as they have sold out at most places.

Dear Santa Hornby,

Can you please make some of these in TTS:

Steamers - Britannia, Black 5, Castle, Merchant Navy, Schools, Any number+F, generic 2, 3 and 4 cylinder.

Diesels - CL20, 31, 43, 60, 67, generic small and large.

And if possible a nice CL68 like Dapol does.

I promise to be a good boy and do my chores and don't mind waiting until Xmas next year for them - thanks Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't ever see Hornby selling TTS decoders seperately............I believe they are only produced for the sole purpose of increasing sales of locomotives...........it must be commercially vital to maintain a constant run of orders to keep the Factory contracts viable so any sales strategy must be employed............so TTS is actually a loss leader in effect but please don't accuse me of being cynical  😇 HB.

Hi

How about those DC uses like me who may want to have sound in some of their their locos?

I see that MyLocoSound have introduced a new plug and play sound module for 12 volt DC users (fits in tender locos with a 8 pin plug)  See March Railway Modeller page 263. Cost is a £55 plus £13 for the remote control which bit high for me at present. Maybe something Hornby could develop for us non DCC folk a DC TTS system.

TTS is a generic sound chip. And a two cylinder Black five dose not sound anything like a Fowler tank nor does it sound like a 3 cylinder re built scot or a 4 cylinder princess.   Same  with diesels 08 vs a Deltic etc. So keep them for people who want them fine but I don't want to pay for something I will just rip out and bin wouldn't even sell them on.

• 2 weeks later...

Britannia, Black 5, Castle, Merchant Navy, Schools, Any number+F, generic 2, 3 and 4 cylinder.

Diesels - CL20, 31, 43, 60, 67, generic small and large.

And if possible a nice CL68 like Dapol does.

Looking at the latest TTS sales section I got most of my wish list ...

• 4 months later...

Archived